(videos) Lausanne, Switzerland (GenevaLunch) – Four men, three women, and an international mix, both of schools and dancers who took top prizes at the Prix de Lausanne dance competition, marked the closing of one of the top events in the world of dance education.
The week-long finals for the Prix de Lausanne drew to a close in Lausanne with a gala performance Sunday night 6 February. The competition began with 280 contestants, of which 74 made it through the selection process and came to Lausanne.
The winners announced Sunday, with the sponsors of their awards following their names, are:
(120) Ms Mayara Magri, Brazil / Petite Danse School of Ballet, Rio de Janeiro, Fondation Leenaards
(415) Mr Sung Woo Han, S Korea / Korea National University of Arts, Seoul, Beau-Rivage Palace
(408) Mr Zhang Zhiyao, China / Beijing Dance Academy, Adveq
(305) Ms Patricia Zhou, Canada / Kirov Academy of Ballet, Washington DC, Julius Bär
(204) Mr Shizuru Kato, Japan / AcriHorimoto Ballet Academy, Saitama, Oak Foundation
(426) Mr Derrin Watters, USA / Houston Ballet’s Ben Stevenson Academy, Fondation Coromandel
(112) Ms Yuko Horisawa, Japon / Reiko Yamamoto Ballet School, Ota, Fondations Pittet et Juchum
Contemporary dance prizewinner
(426) Mr Derrin Watters, USA / Houston Ballet’s Ben Stevenson Academy, Fondation Nestlé pour l’Art
Best Swiss candidate prizewinner
(407) Mr Benoît Favre, Switzerland / Tanz Akademie Zurich, Fondation Leenaards
(120) MS Mayara Magri
Brazilian Mayara Magri’s videoblog, filmed during the finals week, and video of a week at the competition