GENEVA, SWITZERLAND – Sebi Küttel and Paul Betschart, better known as Sebi and Paul, the two Swiss dairy farmers who will “do anything to make your perfect Swiss holiday” have brought their hayseed schtick to the City of Calvin and put it on video.
The pair, picked by the Swiss tourism department to be featured in diverse locales all over the country, let it all hangout at the Bains de Paquis, and visited some of the most famous Geneva landscapes (albeit they missed the Jet d’Eau and the Broken Chair).
I love Sebi and Paul, but don’t you think the producers got a little carried away trying to show the “fast ‘n furious” side of Geneva? Say, Chinese take-out and Tattoo parlors open after hours?
Still, it does the heart good to see a couple of – country mice going to “Sin City” – or better yet, Swiss woodchucks shopping for négligés at… Globus? Either way I’m a fan. And you?
Sebi and Paul do Geneva
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND – Here is a quick round up of the many changes in 2012, on international routes departing from Geneva:
- Czech Airlines will offer a new daily service between Geneva and Prague starting April
- Darwin Airlines has launched two new daily routes from Geneva: Genova and Luxembourg
- easyJet will offer two new routes to Catania and Venice, and will add extra flights to Nice, from April to September. Late last year the airline started flying to Bilbao and expanded its route to Santiago de Compostela
- Lufthansa has added extra flights to its already-existing routes to Berlin, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Munich; one-way tickets to Berlin sell for CHF50
- SWISS has expanded its service from Geneva by opening a daily route to Nice, and adding more daily flights to London, Madrid and Moscow
Geneva, Switzerland – I recently spent a lovely day in Lucerne with a friend of mine. Riding the train in the morning, having a cup of coffee, croissants, enjoying the view and the – excellent – conversation, was a treat!
It reminded me of a resource I recently came across: a real-time, train tracker in Switzerland. Sort of a Swiss cyber model railroad. For some train buffs knowing that Swiss trains run on time is not enough. Track any train in Switzerland, look up estimated train arrivals and see live departures at the click of a mouse.
Tip: Type the name of the city you are searching for on the right hand side of the screen and enjoy the view!
Find up what’s up in Geneva through my Twitter channel, which has additional tips about Geneva, or subscribe to this blog by using our RSS feed, or send us an email with the word “subscribe” on the subject line. The best? You can unsubscribe at any time!
Geneva, Switzerland - On our recent trip across Europe, we learned, the hard way, that a highway sticker is required when traveling through some European countries. In other words, do not get too happy if you do not find tolls while on your European excursion. 150 Euros later, I learned that Slovenia was one of those places, and well, Switzerland is too.