A circle would be a plane curved figure. Each and every point on the circle would be equidistant from a particular point which is termed as the center of a circle. It is available in the form of a 2D shape and its measurement is in the form of a radius. Circles and an outline of the inception are from the Greek word Kirkos meaning hoop or ring.
An in-depth analysis about circles and an outline
A circle appears to be a two-dimensional figure that is developed by a set of points. It would be at a constant or a fixed distance known as a radius from the centre that is the fixed point on the plane. A fixed point is known as the centre of the circle, and the fixed distance from the points from the origin is the radius.
Circle and their various components
Coming to a circle it is known to have the following points
- Circumference- It is also referred to as the perimeter of the circle, as it is going to indicate the distance around the boundary of a circle
- Diameter- it would be the straight line that passes through the centre which is going to connect a couple of points on the boundary of a circle. A point to consider is that there may be multiple diameters in a circle but they have to pass through the centre, follow a straight line, and need to touch the boundary at two circles.
- Circle chords- a chord in a circle would be a line segment touching the circle at a unique point.
- Area of a circle- the area of a circle is termed as the curve, which is the portion or side of the circumference.
- Radius of a circle- a radius would be the distance between the centre of a circle to a point present on the boundary of the circle. A circle is known to possess various radius from the centre as it would touch the boundary of the circle at numerous points.
- A tangent of a circle- the tangent of a circle is known to touch it at a unique point.
- The segment of a circle- is an area that is enclosed by the chord, with a corresponding arc in a circle that is termed as a segment. There are a couple of segments which are the major segment and the minor segment.
- The sector of a circle- a sector of a circle is being defined as the area that would be enclosed by two radius with a corresponding arc present in the article. Once again a minor and a major sector are present.
- Secant in circles- the line which intersects a couple of points in the circumference of a circle is referred to as secant.
Circle and their properties
Below are mentioned some of the properties of a circle.
- A couple of circles could be termed as concurrent if the radius is the same
- An equal chord would be always equidistant which is from the centre of the circle
- A tangent is drawn at a point where a diameter would meet the circle and would be parallel to each other.
- A couple of circles are termed as tangent lines if they are going to touch each other at a specific point.
The best place to find out information about circles is the website Cuemath. It is an online platform where all your queries are addressed in the shortest time frame possible. They have some quality experts who would guide you at each and every step of your education journey. Log into the website to find more information about them.