All a man needs, crave rather, is a space within his home to call his own, where no other rules apply except his own and that’s why we brought some small man cave ideas for you. A man cave is that space- a place every man on earth dreams of having just for himself. But many a time, due to space crunch in one’s homes, it remains a distant reality.
Our experts have ideated on this very concept and have come up with some really cool small man cave ideas for those with time and space crunch.
Small Man Cave Ideas And What Is A Man Cave?
A man cave is a dedicated space in the house for the man of the house to call his own. It’s usually off-limits for the others in the family, except the time when the man invites them in. This place inside the house is used by the man to pursue his hobbies or merely to relax after a gruesome day of office work. It’s a no-holds-barred space where the man is answerable to no one but his own whims and fancies.
Usually, this space is designated as the basement or the attic. It’s a personal area that the man earmarks for himself where he can let flow his creativity and just be himself. One of the most common questions asked, mostly by women, is “Why do men need a man cave?” The answer for it could be a man needs his private space within the house for just almost anything.
Man recedes to his small man cave after a hard day at work. It’s simply a place where man lets the proverbial hair down and sinks back to relax. Some of the most sought-after small man cave ideas include a man cave garage gym, basement man cave, and man cave shed among others. And if you are planning to design a place for all this and more then you are at the right place. Check out some of our brilliant small man cave ideas.
But before we talk about some of the out-of-the-world small man cave ideas people want to replicate in their homes, we need to discuss one last thing. What is the purpose of the man cave one wants to design? Well, is it a dedicated space for one’s books and cigars? Is it the place where one goes to have one’s daily quota of fine wine or whiskey or to sip a can of beer? Is it the hangout spot for one’s friends to catch up on some favorite sporting events? Or is it merely the no-disturb, no-distraction zone where one comes for meditating or such other creative pursuits.
It needs to be clear why one needs a man cave. Especially all the small man cave ideas one bookmark as potential inspiration needs a real direction to become reality.
Small Man Cave Ideas & Essentials In A Small Man Cave
Let’s now understand what are some of the essential fixtures that play one or the other role in all these small man cave ideas. Before we share with you our carefully curated list of awesome small man cave ideas, there is a word of caution. The budget and the choice of these essentials are different for different man caves. Choose one that fits both your budget and needs.
A small man cave will be incomplete without these fixtures and every one of the small man cave ideas you come across will have at least one out of these many essentials.
The primary purpose of the décor in the small man cave space is to identify it as an area different from the rest of the house. Either the paint within the small man cave or the general furniture being used or the interior design of the area will conform to the norms of every one of those small man cave ideas one comes across on the internet.
Let’s now see what are the essentials or in other words some of the must-haves in a man cave:
- The Couch: Trust us when we say this, but the seating in the man cave is of paramount importance. You would probably do without any of the other accompaniments but a couch is one aspect where there can be no compromises. The place for you to slouch or to flop down or to just lie back as you scheme your activities for the weekend can’t be replaced with anything. So, ensure you have the right chair or couch or a full-blown sofa style that fits your body type. Since we are speaking about small man cave ideas, we believe you wouldn’t go wrong with a concise recliner. Make sure it holds your beer mug!
- The Entertainment zone: Now this part is purely for the sporting fanatics and video game geeks that retire to their man cave for a me-time with their favorite games or sporting event lineup. Make sure you load up on the right television screens, video game consoles, gaming devices including laptops, and the right amount of sound system that will complete the whole look and feel.
- The Bar: One of the essentials again which many a man prefers to have inside their den or should we say the man cave. What is a man cave if one can’t have their favorite go-to drink within a hand’s reach? Most men prefer having their bar set up inside their man cave. If you are suffering from a space crunch then you might want to experiment with wall-mounted bar storage or a moving bar cabinet which can be shifted as per the demands from time to time.
- The Lights: The importance of lighting in the man cave, even if it’s a small man cave can’t be skipped. The right kind of lights coupled with the right ambiance can make all the difference between how welcoming the man cave is for you and how much you want to keep going back to it.
Small Man Cave Ideas & Different Types Of Small Man Cave
There are millions of permutations and combinations one can adopt to fit one’s idea of a small man cave. However, not all would be to our liking and not all would be cut out for the small space availability each of us have to deal with.
There is no actual minimum or maximum space requirement for a man cave. Whatever space available at your disposal can be used to perfection to be converted into the man cave of your choice that is just the perfect fit. Let’s see a few types of man cave options available for us:
- Man cave garage gym: To decorate the interior of your garage and make your man cave garage gym, you will need to clean out all the unwanted junk. Once you have space, make a storage area to stack your weights. If you have an integrated exercise machine, then keep it to a nice corner where you can go through the whole range of motions and get the best productivity out of it. Any man cave garage gym setup will need mirrors, we mean tons of mirrors. Maybe on all the walls for you to keep checking yourselves out while you pump it up in the gym. You can also implement a portable sauna to get the sweat out of your system after a solid workout session. The painting and floor part also has to be looked at. The paint you use should ideally uplift your mood and make you feel peppy about your workout routines. Pay special attention to the floors. You don’t want to end up skidding or losing balance while picking up some heavyweights. Couple all that with a good music system and you are set to rock your way towards fitness.
- Basement Man Cave: Imagine the alter ego to your regular personality who wants a lair to lie low and plan and scheme and make your world domination plans. Well, we aren’t kidding, but the basement man cave is the right place to do that and more. You can convert your basement into the ultimate man cave with the right kind of lights, enough ventilation, air conditioning, and the right kind of rugs to kill the musty dank feel of the place. Also, while you are at it use some bright colored paint to deck the walls.
- Man Cave Shed: Using the sheds to keep one’s motorbikes and other junk is out. More and more men are looking at the possibility of converting their regular outdoor sheds into man cave sheds. With the right kind of décor, one can really do wonders in creating a man cave shed. Make sure you keep track of all the necessary requirements to make the man cave shed habitable. This would include the insulation, electricity works for your devices, floor rugs for a cozy feel, and sealing out the likely spots to prevent the entry of pests among other things.
We would like to reiterate that while it can be an exciting thing to create one’s favorite man cave, albeit a small one, one also has to look at the costs while drawing the plans for one. Make sure you keep an eye on the expenses while finalizing the best out of all the small man cave ideas at your disposal. And don’t forget to check out our blog to get more home decoration and remodeling tips.